Wednesday 14 September 2011

R4 3DS Has Been Updated To Support 2.1.3 Nintendo 3DS systems.

This is a quick post.  I just posted a short game review of a homebrew game I play, but then realized I had not posted here in some time.  Well, since the r4 3ds was updated to version 2.0.0.

In the last month and a half Nintendo released the 2.1.3 system update.  I didn't update because it offered little in the way of features.  But I know a lot of people updated by sheer accident.  The message to update popped up, and they hit the YES instead of the NO button, and voila - the console was updated to 2.1.3.

This is all well and good, but what ended up happening for a lot of people with R4 3DS cards was that their flash cards stopped working.  Or better said, they were no longer recognized.  This seems to happen every second or third update from Nintendo, so fret not my friends. Your cards are just fine, you just have to get the newest firmware from them.

If you have the r4 and your 3DS is at 2.1.3 and now your card isn't recognized, just go to the official manufacturer site at www.r43ds.org and download the latest version of the firmware kernel for the cards.  Once you install the new firmware, your card will be working again without any issues - just as it did before you accidentally updated your own firmware.

If you have not yet updated, then you shouldn't.  There's nothing new in the 2.1.3 at all.  But to be prepared in case you do, you should also get the latest firmware as well, and install it. That way, even if you choose to update to 2.1.3, you'll still be fine.

I hope this is helpful to some of you out there with this issue.  Let me know in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. I had already updated. I like to use R4 cards because R4 Team supports their users new update with current updates. I know that there are couple of users who have till not updated their r4 cards.
    NDS Lite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already update 2.1.3 system in my R4 card. I really excited to use something new but i can't get anything new in this system.
    r4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R4 team has aim to ever announce new update for their users(support with recent update). I have seen couple of users who don't get regular update of R4 card. As per R4 team reviews, they will announce new card as soon as possible which will consider high storage capacity and allow user to save more 32Gb media files.
      r4i gold

      Delete